Wonderfully gold, deliciously crispy and sinfully sweet, Baklava is one of the most popular desserts in the region of former Ottoman Empire and in the central and southern Asia. With many countries claiming to have taught the rest of the world How to make baklava its origin still remains a Mystery.
Byzantine, Ottoman or Persian this sweet layered pastry, filled with ground nuts and drizzled with syrup, is of undisputed taste and part of the traditional Christmas menu for many Greek houses. So this Christmas you can discover How to make baklava in a 4 minute Video.
- 1 kg phyllo dough
- 375 gr melted unsalted Butter
- 250gr ground almonds finely chopped
- 100gr pistachios finely chopped
- 6tbsp bread crumbs (finely crushed)
- 100gr sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ glass of brandy
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 shot of brandy
- You can ad a pinch of salt in the filling to make it ever more yummier
- 20 minutes before turning off the oven you can sprinkle the Baklava with some water to make the phyllo dough even crispier
So watch the video discover How to make baklava and have a very Merry Christmas!
Happy holidays to you all!